Sunday, February 28, 2010

Over

The long anticipated sleepover is over. Before it began,I confess, I wondered how we would fill five days (four nights). That was certainly not an issue, of course.

I even finished reading a book, walked on the treadmill every night, and the house is fairly much together.

Buddy caught two lizards on his nature walk today and gave one to Roo. She loves it. But I had to curtail the lizard petting while the dog was on the loose. I didn't want to think of the consequences.

Both kids read to me, and I am proud.

Roo and I baked and baked.

They both ate well, slept well, and overall seemed perfectly happy.

They were wired this afternoon, though, in anticipation of their parents' return. I sent them outside to romp while I cooked dinner. Papa poured wine. Worked.

The house is too quiet, now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one of those "fun to do, but glad it's over" kind of things... :)

    ReplyDelete