Thursday, February 25, 2010

Grosser

Buddy and Roo are staying with us until Sunday. We picked them up yesterday.

Since then we have been dividing our time mostly between ant farm making for Buddy and baking for Roo. Almost everything is going well except a failed ant hunting expedition this afternoon. One new ant farm is now complete. Banana bread and biscuits are delicious, and, in addition, Froggie the Froglet has a new habitat.

Buddy's new aircraft with parachute actually flew until the dog ate part of it. To no avail, Papa frantically attempted a rescue at the landing site. Sorry, no video. Would have been a treasure.

After dinner, at bath time, I weighed each kid; naked both weighed exactly 34.8. They loved being the same. After I said Buddy was taller,he thought a bit, then said Roo must be rounder and fatter. Roo said, "Yeah, I am fatter and grosser." and laughed a deliciously wicked laugh.

Now they are clean and sleeping. So sweet.

I am happy to report I weigh less than I have for about a year. That does not mean I have lost very much, but it sounds really good, eh?

3 comments:

  1. It all sounds wonderful! I'm glad you are lighter and less "gross"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Reese meant she is gross in her behavior:) Therefore her wicked laugh. But I do feel less gross, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps she was using French vocabulary? As is tres gros?

    She's so funny.

    ReplyDelete