Friday, January 29, 2010

Not Just a Pretty Face



I call this painting "Not Just a Pretty Face." I have another part to it, making it a diptych. This photo is not good - I snapped it in the studio tonight and not outside. Glare is a problem in photographing art - but especially so in encaustic. Very reflective.

Anyway. I know this is weird, but I think I like it. I finished it several weeks ago and have just been looking at it since - trying to decide what comes next - not for this painting, but to continue my theme. I may have one brewing, but I'm not there yet.

I think I will tread and see if my muse will return.

We have a beautiful moon tonight. Papa and I enjoyed watching it shine between the clouds on our way home from dinner in Cayucos. Great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment