Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mother came to visit

Papa bought an ipod for me today - a birthday gift. I bought new music from Amazon, learned to sync my ipod, and downloaded all my music onto it.

Somehow in the process, without realizing I was doing it, an old file my nephew-in-law sent me several computers ago, was transferred to my pod. So right in the middle of my music I heard my nephew-in-law and my mother (she died in 2006) chatting about education in the old days. During most of the interview, she was reading what she had written in preparation for the phone conversation he was taping. Toward the end, however, their exchange became more casual and I was able to hear her laugh. How cool is that? And earlier while I was cleaning the kitchen and listening to music Mother would have loved, I had thought how nice it would have been for her to have a device like my pod - one of those times I would like to run to her and say, "Look! Listen!"

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I'll have to listen to that. She did have a great laugh--which she used often. I hope I laugh that much when I'm old.

    ReplyDelete