Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just thinking

Reflecting on time with the kids a couple of days ago, I remembered these tidbits from them.

Roo said, "Wow, Gaga, the golf course is abandoned!" I should remind you she is four. Abandoned is big for four. She likes big words, and I like it that she likes big words.

Buddy said later, "Gaga, I learn from watching Tom and Jerry." He smiled and paused. I could tell I was supposed to ask a question.

I said, "Really???"

Buddy said (with a funny little smirk), "Yes, I do. I learn that I don't want to be Tom, and I learn that I don't want to be Jerry." We all cracked up - especially Buddy.

Buddy and Roo somehow discovered (not at my house)Tom and Jerry cartoons and now ask me to find them on the cartoon channel. They say they like the ones with "big explosions." Sound effects follow.

Gourmet club met at our house tonight. One couple, like Papa and me, moved to our town to be child care providers for grandchildren. And, like us, they would not trade a minute of it. How could we not be around to hear their funny stories and conversations, or watch their skills develop?

My hearing is challenged, and I hate it that I don't catch every word the children say.

No comments:

Post a Comment