Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whew!




Look! I cleaned my studio. I can see my work space and find my palette.

I feel good about today - much like the old days when I worked and felt satisfied with what I had accomplished. The difference is that I didn't have to get up early and no one's life depended on my decisions. But we did move in a positive direction for our art association -- at least in my opinion.

When Papa picked me up from "work", he insisted that we go to my official birthday dinner. We had been putting that off. I didn't really think we needed one. We had celebrated well at daughter's house. But, you know, the housekeepers had cleaned my kitchen, I had "worked" most of the day, and a drive up the coast to watch huge crashing waves beat the shore at sunset enticed me. I relented.

Dinner was chanterelle soup served with a viogner; wild salmon, wasabi mashed potatoes, and vegetables served with a pinot noir; and hazelnut chocolate terrine served with port. At Hoppe's. Excellent. It's $30 deal month at the major restaurants. Love it.

So that means I must go tread and watch an episode of Boston Legal - a show I find mostly silly, but one that helps pass my walking time. I must find a show that has a bit more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment