Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pansies and More




While Haitians - who probably had a pretty terrible life anyway - are dying and suffering, I spent another flawless day, comfortable and content. Sobering.

This morning I just had to snap a picture of these pansies on my back patio. I love them because I find their little faces enchanting. More importantly, I associate them with my grandmother. She had a way with flowers and planted pansies every year. When I live in a good climate to do so, I try to plant them, too. Pure nostalgia. So these are a nod to Big Mama.

Roo and I spend another one of our girly mornings. Cookies, valentines, cartoons. I do believe we will be ready for Valentines Day this year. Later we picked up Buddy from school and I took them both for haircuts. Later, while Papa and Buddy took a nature walk, Roo and I snuggled and watched more cartoons for just a little while. Maybe a little too much TV today.

Now that my DVD decided to return, I am finding my treading easier. Whew, good.

1 comment:

  1. Roo definitely loves her cartoons. No doubt. She's become quite the connosieur (sp?).

    Love your comments about pansies!

    ReplyDelete