Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey

Counting all the leftovers I sent to my daughter's house plus all the meals Papa and I have eaten, we are up to close to 40 meals from all the food I cooked for Thanksgiving. Are people eating less or am I cooking more? Tonight I have cooked down the carcass to start soup. I have packages of turkey for tomorrow in the fridge, and enough for two meals in the freezer for later. The food still tastes good to me in spite of my sniffles and aches. Hmmm. Maybe I need to scale back for next year. We have enjoyed it all.

Needless to say I haven't painted much this last week, and with the big art party here on the 13th, I guess I won't have much studio time for a while. But somehow, our pace seems good, not too hectic.

Today was a big big day for us. Papa worked for what we hope is his last day ever. Isn't that huge?!!!!

Even bigger though is that the local freelance art journalist wrote a great article on our student scholarship show. I am so proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment