Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Loving It

I just loved, loved this day! I did go to bed earlier than usual last night. In spite of the fact that Papa said that in my sleep I ranted about something he couldn't identify, I woke early and refreshed. I am happy I am not an insomniac like so many I know. My handyman came right on time. Not the one who didn't come yesterday - a different one. I love it that he showed up at exactly 9:00 - just when he said he would. He came prepared. He worked ALL day. He accomplished many little things that I couldn't or didn't want to do. So good. I left him here working under Papa's supervision and went to lunch with my friend. Afterward we found a cool shop that sells roving, she bought some, we picked up the grandchildren and brought them home to play for a couple of hours. We enjoyed time with them until we needed to go to my daughter's house for the best turkey chili in the world served with my son-in-laws best margaritas in the world. On top of all this good stuff, the weather was a perfect 70 degrees. The bay was smooth as glass and shimmered in the sun. No fog!The handyman stayed until almost six. Oh joy! What a great day.

Oh, I almost forgot. I helped Buddy set his "lizard trap" - big white bucket in the real world - in our back yard. More joy - his and mine.

And I also almost forgot to mention that my friend and I shared chocolate mousse cake for dessert. I am one of those who feels a day without chocolate is missing an important ingredient. Eating that dessert was pre-determined. We ordered creme brule. But we had lingered at our table until late, and the waiter returned to the table to say that there had been only one left and the chef ate it. I suppose he knew it was too good to waste. In any case, they still had chocolate cake. Surely it was meant to be.

The only downside is that I haven't painted one lick today. But it is not too late. Except I have had little time to visit with Papa today, and I may want to spend time with him tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good day on Tuesday! And welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we shall see if the blog world works for me. If it is better than the dead phone line, maybe.

    ReplyDelete