Monday, November 9, 2009

Taking the Good with the Bad

I usually work in my studio from about 9:00 until my 2:00 AM bedtime. I would like to say I paint all of that time. Not true. I am often working on personal finance, reading and answering email, or working on art association business. Yesterday I felt very tired during the afternoon so thought I would turn in early. But at 1:00 I realized I would be happier if I wrote out the agenda for today's art association board meeting before going to bed. I did that and printed out twelve copies. Then I decided I should work on a design for our new sign - so the board would have an idea of my concept. I guess I was in "the zone" and by the time I finished, it was close to 3:00. Not good. Of course I needed to be up earlier than my usual 9:00 this morning. A contractor was to come by to finish my outdoor project, and I knew my husband (Papa for the purposes of this blog) would not remember what the contractor was supposed to do or, at the very least, feel that I needed to be up to supervise. Now, mind you, Papa is a smart man. He just doesn't focus on things like that. More on all that later. So you probably already know that I got up at 8:15 and the contractor didn't show. I need to leave soon for my board meeting. Does this mean I have to get up early tomorrow, too? If I do will the contractor come? Maybe if I sleep in, he will.

I have just received messages that several board members will miss today's meeting. One can't come because she has to work in her studio - shows coming up. What?!!! She has missed more meetings than she has attended. The rest of us are willing to give our time to be there. Sigh. Is this resentfulness I feel? Disappointment at best. And today she will be re-elected to her position. More sighs.

So yesterday was a high with the association. Today is not as good.

But the laundry is getting done, I have made calls to a handyman and the upholstery cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment