Friday, November 13, 2009

Gaga Pride

Today Buddy received an award for his "understanding of the mechanics of writing." Do I need to say that I am proud? Well, I am that. In addition,though, I am grateful to his teacher, his school, and especially his principal. With his leadership, Buddy's school is, perhaps, the most positive school environment I have witnessed. And I have seen and worked in many. Each student receives two awards during the year, but the children don't really know that. Each child seems to feel singled out for a special accomplishment. The awards provide positive re-enforcement to students. Further, I think, the practice requires teachers to look for positive behaviors in each child. The assembly I witnessed today, like those I attended last year, was one big ball of positive feedback for students and teachers. Students were orderly and attentive. The wigglers toward the end of the program were quietly encouraged to behave. Just a great school! I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment