Saturday, December 5, 2009

In the future

Papa and I were talking on the way into town to go shopping. Somehow cars and transportation became the subject of the moment. Then I thought about the pictures of my grandfathers standing beside their respective first cars. What a difference - what progress (if, indeed, we call this progress) in the last 100 years. Multiply that by the speed with which the world - and specifically transportation - is progressing in this century and imagine what transportation will be like one hundred years from now. I don't want to wear out my welcome here nor do I expect more than I am due, but part of me does wish I could see what my great great grandchildren will be doing and how they will get around. I don't think they will have cars that resemble ours.

2 comments:

  1. Just last night, hubby and the Boy were reading the book about the history of flight, and we were talking about the progress during a "lifetime" and talking about which planes were made when Mimi was born, and so on. Amazing to think what happened in her lifetime. And in ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may also remember that I did an art piece about all the inventions of Big Papa's lifetime. Amazing - zippers, TV's, bras, airplanes, computers, and more.

    ReplyDelete