Sunday, April 4, 2010

Two Fisted Intemperance

I guess there is no reason to do anything half way.

My daughter called this afternoon to say she had brought boiled peanuts to me from Bon Temps restaurant in San Luis Obispo. That is living proof that I did something right when she was a kid or that she grew up to be a spectacular person in spite of me. Whichever - I like it.

She suggested that Papa could pick them up while he was out or she could bring the peanuts to me tomorrow. No! No way! I was heading out to buy Easter treats for the kids, so I zoomed right on over to pick up those peanuts. I thought I could nibble on a few as I drove to SLO and back. But that didn't work out so well. Even being the practiced boiled peanut eater that I am, I couldn't quite manage to eat juicy peanuts without dousing me and the floor mats of my car; I needed both hands. For the first time in recent memory, I wanted to hit red lights, and I wished they lasted longer when I did. I finally gave up until I reached World Market, then sat in the parking lot eating for a while.

Of course I ate more at home. Then after dinner, while making filling for tomorrow's dessert, I licked big globby spoons of vanilla cream - twice. Then of course I needed to taste some of the Easter candy I was stuffing into plastic eggs. Then I needed another taste, and another.

Oh, the delicious intemperance of it all!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the peanuts. It is the *least* I can do.

    Now I need to find out if NF sells raw peanuts so I can start making boiled peanuts in the giant crockpot you gave me. Wouldn't THAT be awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is SO good when you have boiled peanuts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! NF is a good idea. I haven't looked there.

    ReplyDelete