Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Growing Pains

I've been very busy at the art center for the last few days - well, maybe weeks or months. We've just painted the building purple! With citrus green trim and fuchsia doors. As I have mentioned in earlier posts, we are trying to update our look and increase visibility. For many years our building was a putty color, so this is quite a change. Shock, maybe. I should add that we are located on Main street, lined with funky little shops and eateries.

A new sign reading ART CENTER Morro Bay went up on the front of the building today. If winds are not too strong, in a few days huge letters reading the same will be high up on a larger, rear section of our facility. Hopefully they'll be up soon. I will post pictures then.

My committee and I have worked very hard to make our art center show what it is, make our signs readable and memorable, and entice visitors. On Sunday we'll have a celebration of our face lift. Lots to do before then.

All good, right?

Today I received the first major complaint:( Sigh.

Growing pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment