Friday, March 12, 2010

Yes to Dessert

I know it doesn't make sense; I know it is insane. But I just rewarded myself for several pounds weight loss with dessert. Doesn't sound all that bad until you multiply that by three.

We were to take dessert to my friend's house on Wednesday night. She was making dinner, we handled dessert. So I made delicious strawberry napoleons. And of course I soaked the strawberries in Amaretto. Well, of course. But see, the problem is that the recipe made enough for six servings instead of four. And even then some of the cream filling was left over. So we ate the dessert at my friend's house on Wednesday. Nobody left even a smear of cream or chocolate or a crumb of pastry. I would have taken the other two servings to the friends, but I hadn't decorated them. They weren't pretty. Very naked. So those two servings called to us, haunting us all day on Thursday. We ate them last night, leaving the little bowl of cream filling, a little chocolate sauce, and a few strawberries in the fridge to drive us both crazy. So tonight? I sliced and soaked the strawberries - Amaretto of course. I put them into two little ramekins and topped them with the cream filling. Then I spiked the chocolate sauce and topped off our little parfaits. They were small.

So I figure that life is too short not to sin sometimes. Furthermore, it would have been a sin to waste all that fabulousness. Yes? Oh my gosh! That dessert was so good. I may like it even better without the pastry. But now it is all gone. I no longer must suffer the torment of temptation.

So now I want someone to absolve me. Please. If you do, I will make spiked strawberry napoleons for you.

I did walk tonight - and have every night. Is that enough penance?

Must I confess that I ate a pastry at French class this morning? That I supplied? It was my turn. Oh dear. But it was breakfast. I saved up.

3 comments:

  1. Life is short (especially at our age), so eat dessert first! You are absolved! Wish I could come get some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, I was not in the right place at the right time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. I could have called you. Somehow I didn't think of that. Kay suggested that I could have invited her to help me out, too.

    I'll make some for you if you will take all the leftovers home.

    ReplyDelete