Monday, March 22, 2010

36!

Thirty-six years ago, Papa and I promised to stay together for five years. We just weren't really sure about the life commitment thing.

Five years later we forgot. The time passed without notice.

And now thirty-one more have zoomed by. And here we are.

To celebrate, we spent the perfect day: family, gardening, a wonderful dinner - out this time. Just one dessert tonight.

The weather was perfect. My yard looks great. I planted more herbs.

Our present to each other - but mostly for me, of course - was a new tree and three shrubs, new mulch, dirt, the herbs, etc. Love it. Pictures later.

Tonight I can hear the surf. Life is good.

Time to tread.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Glad you had such a great day. Love to you and Papa!

    ReplyDelete