Monday, March 15, 2010

Mondays

I know Monday has a bad rep, but I am beginning to love Mondays. Some of mine are free of obligation, others are very busy.

A month or so ago on a free Monday, I twisted Papa's arm to go to our local farmer's market with me. He seemed uncomfortable with the whole process, but loved all the loot. He might have enjoyed it a little more the second time. Then the next week I had to spend all Monday afternoon in meetings, and, amazingly, he offered to go solo. I don't think he wanted to face Monday night without fresh salmon and good veggies. His grilled salmon is really good. Or maybe he just knew I would be happy?

Today, little Roo was puny and stayed with me. Papa went to farmer's. So tonight we ate our wonderful grilled salmon, steamed fresh white beets, sauteed kale from our garden, and salad from our garden. Oh, and cheese grits - that's polenta for those of you who don't understand grits.

I am happy. And we have more for tomorrow:)

1 comment: