Saturday, January 8, 2011

Seventy!!!!! Really????

How is it possible? I have no clue, but I do know I am milking it for all it is worth.
I have moaned and whined and have probably garnered all the attention I can from the event, now.

I have told you the wonders of Oxford, but let me tell you, London is certainly no let down.

We ate breakfast at our B and B, then walked to the Bristish Museum to spend the entire day! Yes we did! I could spend three more I am sure.

From the museum, Daughter led me to an adorable pub right in our neighbor hood. First we had beer and stout(me - love it)with the best olives I have ever eaten, and a nut and seed mixture. I ordered a fennel fresh mozzarella appetizer, home made bread, and carrot/parsnip soup. Everything was beyound good. The we ordered tawny port and chocolate truffles. Swoon. So good.

I am full, sleepy, ready to see family, but will miss the time Daughter and are spending together.

It has been a fantastic birthday!

2 comments:

  1. What a special 70th birthday! You will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I said to Sally:)

    ReplyDelete