Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So......

I usually talk non-stop with my hairdresser. We just seem to have lots to talk about. Or maybe she doesn't say anything, and I just jabber away. I suspect that is the case

So today I sat down and she said, "So....." And so there I was talking away telling her all about my last few weeks: my visit to the Getty with my friend, all about Buddy and Roo, about phone and iPad technology, and the grant situation. We talked about a referral I sent her and the kid in the next chair who now has black and pink hair. He was there to get pink - it matched his pants.

Anyway, I have finished writing the grant narrative and can work on the appendices at a more leisurely pace. And another board member is helping work on a data profile. This means I won't have to work on vacation - except to ponder from time to time. I'll be able to work on my own stuff - writing, learning to use Keynote on my iPad, and reading ibooks. I now have a great little cover for the iPad, making it less slippery and more holdable.

Since I thought I was going to be buried in grant business, I packed for the European trip about ten days ago. I just have to throw in last minute things to be ready. Yay for that.

So here's my countdown checklist:

Make Paris airport shuttle reservation (tonight!!!!)
Shovel grant writing and Gaga School debris
from my work space
Do laundry
Scrub the litter box - oh, joy!
Enjoy Buddy and Roo's company tomorrow afternoon and Fri
Make scones for a Thursday tea
Cook for Gaga School graduation dinner Friday night
Keep up with email
Update the Art Center Facebook page
Get ready for and attend a meeting in another
town on Saturday afternoon
Mail out about thirty letters - really
Remember to pick up prescription
Remember to sleep

I'll let you know how it goes.

The good thing is that today I realized there is absolutely no way I can reach my desired pre-trip weight before next Monday. I give up. Since the situation is hopeless anyway, I can eat exactly what I want this week. If I outgrow my clothes in Europe, I'll by a caftan or something. I began this celebration with an amazing pulled pork sandwich. Yum - it was worth the consequences, whatever they may be.

On top of that, Papa served me a dimple of ice cream, later made popcorn and brought it to the studio to me, and has just walked in with what appears to be about a half a beer. I don't know what kind it is, but it is washing the popcorn down quite nicely. He knows when I am weak.

So........

If I can find enough hot spots, I'll blog about France and Prague.

1 comment: