Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ah! Paris

France is a long way from California! We arrived saddle sore and sleep deprived, but happy to be here and see our friends Ray and Dianna who are now on their way home to California.

I won't make you suffer through the math, but we arrived in Paris about the time I would have been going to sleep at home. Since I was wide awake throughout the flight (Papa was having no trouble sleeping!), I was bleary eyed and bone weary by the time we located a wandering suitcase and took the shuttle to the hotel. After greeting Ray and Dianna and finalizing our dinner plans with them, we showered and napped. Ahhhh! Soooo much better!

And that shower? Very interesting. Let's just say it is way easier to spray the whole bathroom than one's body. That thing is wild, let me tell you. We haven't decided if we are brave enough to try it again this morning.

Dinner? Fabulous. We followed our map and our noses to find our restaurant - recommended to Dianna and Ray by friends of friends in CA. Once we had the restaurant in sight, we stopped at a cafe to share a bottle of wine, people watch, and share travel stories. Then our great dinner. The guys had salmon seasoned with sea salt - they said it was the best ever. Calamari, sardines, legume salad dishes were all good. I enjoyed my red snapper and Dianna liked her mystery fish. It looked like sole. Dessert was superb. I picked chocolate cake -similar to molten chocolate cake - with orange. Dianna picked a strawberry torte. Then decaf espresso.
Yum.

We turned in early and woke way too early. Now off to eat again and explore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I remember a shower like that somewhere! Must be the same designer. :) Glad to hear the food in France is still good! :]

    ReplyDelete