Friday, August 20, 2010

Shucks

OK, so I ordered a camera connector for my iPad so that I could download photos during the trip, saving space on my memory card as well as allowing me to post pictures on this blog.

Now that I have transferred my photos (that part is good) I see that the iPad edition of my blog post site doesn't have a button for adding photos. What??? Why is that? Don't those people know that you want to see my gorgeous pics of Strasbourg? Especially the more than gorgeous food we were served tonight? I have already had several of the best meals of my life on this trip and I wanted to share.

Also, my sisters and one brother-in-law have joined us. We are thrilled to be able to spend a lovely time with them. Other folks we know have arrived in Strasbourg, and we will meet the rest of our traveling coanions tomorrow- most of those are friends, too. I'd planned to show you pictures of all of us having a blast.

And I could've shown you a picture of my sore feet. We've enjoyed walking miles everyday; today was no exception. I increased my mileage by stopping in every little shop along our route. I didn't buy anything, but I am sure I will weaken soon. Actually, that's not true. I bought a fabulous art/decorating magazine this morning.

And yesterday I bought hand cream - but that doesn't count on today's tally. Years ago, a friend shared hand cream she had bought in France. I loved it, so made a mental note of the name. I'd looked since I'd arrived, then found a shop selling L'Ocitane at the train station in Paris - of all places! The shop keeper spoke no English, so I had to use my French to convey what I wanted. Yay! She understood and offered the very creme pour les mains that I was looking for. Way good.
So for now, unless I find a way or meet someone a lot smart than I, you will just have to use your imagination. Picture charming cobblestone streets, glorious flower boxes, charming bridges including one that turns to let sightseeing boats cruise through the canal that runs behind our hotel.

1 comment:

  1. I intended to edit this post a bit more, but my screen won't show the last paragraph. But I gave you enough so that you can use your imagination. Way past bedtime, now.

    After tomorrow, I won't be able to post for a while: no wi-fi on the river barge.

    ReplyDelete