Thursday, July 28, 2011

Road Tripping continued

I learned all about conglomerate rock, subduction zones, anticline, and syncline as we headed toward Pinnacles National Monument. And Papa says that those pinnacles are what is left of half a volcano that was dragged from LA by the Pacific plate. Apparently after millions of years creeping, it is still moving part of an inch each year.

Our car registered 62 when we left home. When I was snapping pix of the peaks, the temperature was 97. Too much for us. We didn't linger. But we were duly impressed.

Lunch had been a square fish sandwich and fries near Paso Robles. Ugh. But Papa had done his homework and dinner was amazing at Maurizio's in Morgan Hill. We beat the crowd by just a few minutes. Seeking absolution for my lunchtime sins, I ordered "just" an appetizer and salad. Very good thing. My slab of polenta was topped with a bechemel sauce with gorganzola and mushrooms. My spinach salad was chock full of dates, cranberries, and gorganzola. Not light fare, but crazy delicious.

Now we are snuggled into a Holiday Inn Express in Morgan Hill and will head for the Picasso show tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment