Sunday, July 31, 2011

International Encaustic Artists

So, because I am on vacation and have a little time, I will mention that between my April post and this latest flurry, I have been working on an exhibit of encaustic art, Consequential Fusion: Messages in Wax, now showing at Art Center Morro Bay. To see go to www.international-encaustic-artists.org. Sorry I can't put in the link. IPad does not want to do that. I think most of you reading this have seen it, anyway.

I am proud that we are able to host the show and pleased at the response. While preparing for the show, we were also making some needed renovations to the Art Center and I was working countless hours developing a promotional slide presentation about the center. All that is done now, and I am enjoying making my presentations around the community.

Now I have a mountain of boxes in my garage and dread the end of the encaustic show. We will have to move all the boxes back to the Art Center, repackage all the art, and ship. In the end, it will be worth it though. So far we have sold one piece. Let's hope for a few more. There is really wonderful stuff there. How I wish I could own several of those pieces.

After months of working nonstop, I am enjoying a few days away. Daughter, SIL and children were in Colorado when I was the busiest. I am happy they are back home, now, and am looking forward to a return to a little more normal schedule - whatever that is. When school starts, both children will get out at 2:30. What will I do with all that time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment