Friday, July 29, 2011

Picasso

Another memorable day. Papa brought me a warm, lightly toasted, raisin bagel and decaf to my bed this AM. So spoiled.

We relaxed awhile, then drove from Morgan Hill to the de Young Museum in San Francisco - a relatively easy drive. Tillie the car girl led us right there but couldn't tell us how to find the parking garage. After we missed a turn she told us to take, we accidentally found the entrance we wanted. We must be doing something right.

We found our way to the right desk to pick up our reserved tickets and rent our audio tour equipment before making a quick stop in the cafe. We entered the Picasso exhibit right at our assigned time of 12:30... and....well..... it is hard to tell you how wonderful I thought it was. It is the traveling exhibit from the Picasso Museum in Paris, a collection of the work Picasso saved and wouldn't or didn't sell. I will not forget this day.

From the de Young, we drove across the Oakland Bridge and then on to American Canyon. We just finished another fabulous meal, and are settled in our hotel for the night.

All in all a great day. We made few wrong turns, got everywhere we wanted to go, saw wonderful art, and ate well. How could a day be much better. Now I am going to read the new Siddons book for a while. Tomorrow we head toward Modoc Plateau. Papa has high expectations. I will report.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry abiut the typos at the end. iPad won't let me scroll down to correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your i-Pad typo pain. Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm so happy you got to see the show and that you're also enjoying natural beauty! yay!

    ReplyDelete