Sunday, July 31, 2011

Just drivng

Yesterday we drove and ate. We left American Canyon, wound through Napa and the hills beyond, then entered the great valley, heading for Redding. Lots of eye candy.

Papa had the strange idea that I would do that fast food thing again. No way. I held my ground this time. Using Yelp I found a little Mexican place in Clearlake for lunch.

We had been looking forward to Korean food for dinner, but got there to discover they are closed on the weekend! What? Landed at a cute little bistro with sort of OK food.

We will see Mount Shasta today! And drive up to the Oregon border.

Meanwhile I finished reading Siddons latest, Burnt Offerings. As always, I enjoyed her descriptions and her twisted mind, but didn't feel the book had a very meaty plot, somehow.

Right now we are in our hotel in Redding; Papa is brewing my decaf while I catch you up on our progress.

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to say it was really hot. Still 97 at 7:00PM.

    ReplyDelete