Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Worthy

A while back I wrote about my new role model, an 87 year old artist friend. A few days after I blogged about her, I learned that she can do push ups "all day" and that she is active in a Pilates class, putting women almost fifty years her junior to shame.

Then, on Memorial Day, she worked at the Art in the Park festival our art association sponsors. Volunteers spend four hours running around giving vendors potty/lunch breaks. Some volunteers are more energetic than others. Some sit more than circulate. My role model, of course, circulated. All afternoon. She rarely sat.

I am way impressed! Imagine. Eighty-seven and still willing and able. I know that I was tired when I got home. I hope she felt at least a little weary. Otherwise, she is beyond anything I can try to emulate.

1 comment:

  1. We can only hope that we will still be enegetic at 87!

    ReplyDelete