Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Roo's Five and Other Pleasures

Yep.....Five! Imagine that. We celebrated with friends at a park/pizza party on Sunday. What a great idea that was! Scads of kids, almost as many parents, great weather, beautiful park, creek, play equipment, and loads of pizza delivered right to the playground. I took a huge bowl of fresh strawberries - the kind that can be had only in this part of California. Daughter made fresh salsa to go with chips and took fresh carrots, too. Beer, pop, juice, water and sunshine rounded out the party.

Then today, the real birthday, we held the family celebration at our house. Reese likes salmon, brown rice, beans, plums, and carrots. And cake and home made ice cream. (Daughter bought the cake and made the ice cream, not me.) So that was the menu. I have to say that Papa grills the best salmon in the world, so I was happy with the choice. I roasted asparagus for the grownups and noticed that the kids even ate a little! Oh, I forgot the biscuits I made. They turned out well. And the best part of that is that I get to eat one with apple butter from Nashville, IN in the morning. Oh!!!!!! Can't wait. We drank good wine with dinner, bragged on the kids, opened great gifts.... all good.

After the kids left, we turned on the TV and watched election returns to discover that my candidates won their primaries. More good.

Earlier in the day, I had my hair colored and cut, pierced an ear, and bought more bark for the back yard. I spread the bark before cooking, then later commanded the family to admire the landscape and tell me it is wonderful. It is:) Tomato and squash plants look really good. Baby squash and tomatoes are visible, now. It won't be long before we can add them to the menu.

Today was just a really good day.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was, indeed, a great day! And your yard does, indeed, look fantastic! And dinner was awesome. Although I felt a little oogie from the rich ice cream . . . :)

    ReplyDelete