Thursday, June 17, 2010

Photos, Etc.

Roo's birthday was on the 8th. I've mentioned how beautiful the day was and what a wonderful party we had on the 6th. See?






Then we enjoyed a family celebration on the 8th. Here's how Roo looked that day.



Here she is a few days later enjoying the swimsuit from her cousin and the mermaid flippers from her great aunt!



And since I haven't included Buddy, here's a picture of him from Roo's party.



A few days ago, Buddy and Roo experienced a little hair emergency. It involved scissors, a few minutes of unsupervised time, and a rushed trip to the hairdresser. So the next pictures you see of Roo will be quite different, but still beautiful.

Now we are all in pre-travel rush-around-like-crazy mode. I have events all day tomorrow. And I do need to pack. Several days ago, I put my new swimsuit and underwear in my suitcase. I stuffed a night shirt in today. Almost ready to go!

I'll post pictures when I'm home - after the 28th.

I can't close this edition of my "journey" without talking about my time with Buddy and Roo this afternoon. What a nice time we had! Both kids finished encaustic paintings, and Buddy made a little book and two lovely little drawings of Hawaii.

The book is adorable and is titled "The Giant Fart." The illustrations are extremely clever, and, in the end, we discover a whale was the offender. I was instructed to write in the text he needed help with. We talked about the fact that maybe at school he couldn't use this topic. He agreed.

Today was his last day in first grade and Roo's last in pre-school! How can they be so old? Me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment