Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shiny and New?

So... my studio TV developed a hum louder than the tinnitus in my left ear. And that is very loud. We'd been putting off replacing the old thing because we are cheap. I think that TV is the one Papa bought for his office years ago and then I used for playing instructional videos at the Needle Niche. It had a built in tape player.

A few nights ago, Papa was working at his desk and became so annoyed by the hum he asked me to turn off the TV (Yes I control the remote in the studio!) Well, that's not good! How can I have the TV on for company while I paint? I don't usually watch - but listen - to HGTV or the Food Network. I look up for the good parts. I also use my TV for Roo to watch DVDs. And I confess, the noise was bugging Roo and me, too.

Since we had to go into town today, I suggested we stop by Costco for a new TV. We did that, and I have a large high def Sony atop the file cabinets. We also went to the cable company to pick up a HD cable box. All good? Not. There is a dialog box on my screen that reads, "Your EXPLORER settop is NOT AUTHORIZED for use. Please call xxx xxx xxxx."

How aggravating is that? I think the cable box is faulty. The cable company has already sent a new signal to it twice - to no avail. They say they will have to come to the house to fix it. I made an appointment for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, tonight I'll have to watch Idol downstairs. It's the only program I regularly watch. Papa will be sad to switch from his "news" programs.

Disappointed:(

On the bright side, though, we did enjoy a good Asian dinner while we were in town this afternoon. And we checked off a few other errands; one was to submit my entries to the Brushstrokes show. I would like to have a painting accepted, but we'll see. I haven't entered that show before. Some pieces in last year's Brushstrokes were wonderful. I am not sure if I can compete. I could submit up to three paintings. They will accept only one painting per person - or no paintings per person.

OK, downstairs for Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment