Thursday, September 1, 2011

Still Recovering

Do you know that when you need a break the world doesn't stop and let you get off for a few days? I tried. I did little beyond sit on the couch, cook a tiny bit, do the laundry, and point where to plant a tree to the gardener. Kids have been here some, and I have had one meeting. Other than that I read a book and played a video game, conquering the top level. Of course they have encouraged me to go through it again with a harder version, and I am working on that. Oh, and yesterday I went to lunch with a friend. Trying to catch up with her and others I have neglected for months.

The result? So now I have all the piles of stuff I didn't do for the last four or five days waiting for me. And I haven't painted. Still feel I am getting close. In a meeting about a possible 2013 exhibit, I came across some beautiful illustrative art. Very inspiring. Intimidating, too. But I can feel my fingers itching. And suddenly, sitting on the couch is not acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to work and the couch, it's good to ebb and flow.

    ReplyDelete