Sunday, September 18, 2011

Even Closer

So of course I got way behind again, and I still have not really started painting. But I still say I am getting closer. I have been busy with meetings and putting up a retrospective exhibit to celebrate the 60th anniversary at Art Center Morro Bay. The show is a hit and the reception tunout was pretty good. Now perhaps life can get back on track......well, after I return from the International Encaustic Artists retreat in Portland. I will leave this Thursday morning and return on Monday afternoon. Though I will miss home, this retret comes at a good time for me, I think. I will get my hands back into paint and wax, see new ideas, tools, and material, watch demos, and hear presentations. I should be inspired and ready to work when I get back to my studio. My goal is to file every paper I can, put all the extraneous art stuff away, and have a new board waiting on my table - ready to begin a new piece.

Of course I have stuff to do before the filing begins. Somehow I need to make this happen, though. And I will need to pick up my new Mac sometime in the next few days.

I have seen reallly beautiful encaustic art recently. My brain is busy reviewing what I have seen and gleaning ideas and techniques I can use in my own work. This should help.

I have a new iPhone, making some of my calls easier to make. That is a good thing.

Stay tuned and look for new work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment