Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Conniving

Yes, I am conniving. This afternoon with the kids, we made a bakery run for one chocolate frosted, long donut, one chocolate cupcake topped with a trick nor treat cat and a loaf of whole wheat bread. The bread is for Papa and me, mostly Papa.

So on the way home, I decided to put conditions on the treats. I explained to Buddy and Roo that I love to hear them read and that they hadn't done that in a while. I said that each could select a book, read, then have treats.

Worked. Buddy chose an easy one so he could read quickly and plow in to his donut; Roo picked a difficult one. I am amazed that she sounded out words all the way though two books. This may become the routine.

Smile.

2 comments:

  1. Grandmother's can be smart that way!
    Wish we had a bakery like yours! Well, perhaps not.... :)

    ReplyDelete