Sunday, July 4, 2010

So

So, a few months ago I thought I wanted an iPad. And of course I can't say I needed one. I just wanted one. But I felt stupid and selfish and spoiled. What was I thinking?

But I asked around and researched online. I heard or read everything from "I wouldn't have one!" to "Cool" to "Why in the world do you want one?"

Well I wanted to use it as a reader, to stream movies, and email when I travel. And maybe check facebook when I travel. I just wanted to be able to stay in touch and entertain myself on long trips - the "in touch" part being the most important. And there are several great art apps I wanted to try.

The biggest drawback I heard was the backlit screen. I heard it was awful.

After trying to email from Hawaii via cell phone, I was ready to toss my current phone in the ocean. To stay in touch on a trip,I needed to either buy a smarter phone or a netbook or iPad or......whatever.

Yesterday Papa and I went looking. I narrowed phones down to an iPhone - ease of use being the most important factor.

So then I looked at iPads.

Oh, wow!

Now I have one!

The best feature so far? Reading books with the back light! I love love love it.

So:)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it! I know I'm going to want one. It would be much lighter in my travel bags than my computer . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I think it is going to be great. I need to download oa new book.

    ReplyDelete