Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching Up

I'm horrified to see how long it's been since I've blogged. I will blame this on a busy schedule. And of course the busy schedule included reading several books and lots of playtime with my grandchildren. But I have, indeed, been busy. In addition to regular activities, we held our annual children's art class at the Art Center last week. I spent some time getting ready, then lots of time with the kids, then a couple of hours hanging their show. Though the class was rowdier than usual, I do think we provided all fourteen of the participants with an opportunity to learn and enjoy making art.

Buddy and I have been busy with Gaga School and Buddy and Roo were here for a sleepover last night. Activities were art projects, making various aircraft, a moth hunt, a pizza party, and cookie baking - and eating. Buddy helped read our bedtime story! Today was pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast; reading; playing next door; and an excursion to Morro Bay to see the kids' art exhibit - with a stop for bubble gum ice cream.

Tonight I am finishing last minute tasks before leaving for LA to attend Pageant of the Masters and the Getty Villa. The Villa displays a few pieces of ancient encaustic art. I am very excited! And my friend and I will hit a couple of art supply stores. We could probably spend two days in those stores alone, but we need to be back by Thursday night.

Some of my chores tonight: dinner and wine with Papa; laundry, of course; buying a concert ticket for a July 24th event; buying a rail pass for my upcoming trip to France and Prague; writing my president's letter for the Art Center newsletter; and various other little business things for the Art Center. I have a few chores left to do. It's midnight, now. I hope to get to bed before it's too late!

I'll post a report of my trip this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment