Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Role Model - Again and More

A while back I posted about my new role model. Tonight as I was checking out how well the Art Center's new webmaster has optimized our new site, I came across said role model's website. Check it out. http://www.renadoud.com/Home_Page.html

I don't know when the picture was taken, but it can't be too old. She is 87,now. Even if the photo was taken a few years ago, you can get the idea. The photo makes her look like an average size person. She isn't - she's considerably under five feet. I can't be that small, ever, and I can't do push ups all day like she can, but I hope I can be almost as productive.

In my last post, I mentioned an upcoming trip to the LA area. The trip was fabulous; I spent time with a good friend and viewed some of the oldest and most famous encaustic art in the world. My friend wisely takes a small magnifying glass with her when she visits museums. With it I could see every little brushstroke in the encaustic work. Amazing.

Now I own a similar magnifying glass. I found it at the Getty Museum gift shop. I also bought a new silver ring to remind me of the trip, and I am enjoying wearing it.

Now that the little LA trip is over, it's time to plan for the big one to France and Prague. The biggest detail left to handle is transportation to our hotel from the airport in Paris. Gotta take care of that. And I need to find a raincoat to take. My raincoat is way to warm for summer.

So... I thought I was doing pretty well on our count down. Then yesterday, I received an email letting me know that a grant proposal I want to write is due Septmeber 17. And they just released the guidelines - yesterday. That means I will be out of the country for a good part of the time I have to write the grant. Sigh.

I may be working some on the trip. Retirement? What's that?

1 comment:

  1. Looking at Rena's art (and yours) I am in awe. Somehow that creative gene passed me by....

    ReplyDelete