Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Griddle is Hot

A creativity and aethetics workshop with David Limrite last weekend was a good way to emerge from my painting hiatus. The outcome is that I have begun a series of paintings based on the magpie.

According to legend, the magpie brings good news, is a healer, can bring riches - even though he is a thief, represents healing of rlationships......and I could go on.

I saw magpies for the first time this August. How beautiful! Yes, they are noisy and they like to dive bomb people, but still gorgeous.

In my research, I found a couple of versions of this chant:

One is for sorrow, Two is for mirth
Three is for a wedding, Four is for birth
Five is for riches, Six is for poor,
Seven is for a secret, I'll tell you no more.

The chant is supposed to invoke the spirit of the magpie:)

I am so relieved to be painting again. And I am enjoying my new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment