Friday, August 5, 2011

Inaugural Exhibit



About a year ago, I wrote a grant for Art Center Morro Bay, hoping for funds to purchase a laptop and projector to use in promotional presentations about the center. Of course that meant, if we were awarded the grant, that I had to design the presentations and give them.

We also asked for funds to add storage and a display wall in our Activity Room - primarily to use for our children's program.

We were awarded the grant, presentations are underway, and the new storage and display area are installed. Cork was applied to the wall earlier than I expected and loomed bare and large. A large reception was coming up, and I needed a kids show. I am surprise it took me a day or so to realize I had plenty of material right in my garage. I have hundreds of Buddy's drawings and some of Roo's paintings. That sparked more ideas, and I called the man who installed the wall to ask if his daughter would be in the inaugural show, too.

Check out the results in the pix above. Problem: Buddy and Roo were in Colorado. I am sad that they didn't get to see their show, but I will share it with them here. Their work had to come down to make room for the children's summer art camp work.

The juror for our encaustic exhibit, Consequential Fusion: Messages in Wax, spent a long while examining each of Buddy's drawings and photographing them. I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment