Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thankful for today

Some days are really worth getting up for.

First, I found out Buddy and Roo were coming for the afternoon. Of course they usually come on Tuesday, but today is different because they chose to come. I realize Buddy wanted to play with our neighbor.......but still.

Second, the housekeepers were coming to make my house all clean. And in preparation for their visit, Papa helped me take down and store the Christmas tree. A big job done!

A friend came to visit and brought a very cool gift.

And to top it all off, I received this via Facebook:

"Hello Mrs. Bartell. About '82 or '83 you were guidance at Avon High. I was a very angry and mixed up boy. You treated me with dignity and compassion. At that time, you were one of the few people that I felt, really cared. You were instrumental in me getting the help I needed. I was never able to thank you. Now, almost thirty years later, I have that chance. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you."

I replied to his message with this: "I am honored by your words and will treasure them. I am trying to imagine you now at the age I was then. I hope you are happy and well."

Now the down side of that.....I remember that boy as if we were talking yesterday! Every detail. Thirty years?????? Can it be. Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment