Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yay!!!!!!

OK, so I whined about all my work on the grant proposal for the Art Center. I'll admit it. I worked hard for several reasons. The first, of course, is that I wanted the Art Center to have the opportunuties the grant would offer. I also felt that I would not be fulfilling my obligation to the center if I didn't at least try for the grant. The third reason is ego. I would have been embarrassed to submit something with my name on it that was less than polished. So I polished and polished.

Yesterday, I found a large white envelope in my mail slot. I was chatting with other Art Center members about silly stuff while casually opening it. Then my eyes just about popped out! We got the grant!!!!! $7,500 to be spent on computer equipment that will allow me to make digital presentations about the Art Center and for a display wall and storage in our classroom. We use that wall for our children's shows.

I am pleased....to say the least. My ego is intact, and the Art Center benefits:)

Now I will probably whine about all I must do to develop the presentations. I apologize in advance.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you! Guess you don't have to wonder about what you will be doing for the next year! :)

    ReplyDelete