Saturday, November 13, 2010

Surprise

Today my friend, Kay, picked me up at eleven. We planned to go to Cayucos for lunch and "catch up." In the last few months, we'd just not spent much time together.

We enjoyed the spectacular drive along our stretch of the California coast,then shared a great lunch and dessert. Afterward we went next door to a bakery just to check it out. I looked around at all their goodies while Kay looked trough publications stacked in a basket by the door. She picked up the latest copy of "Women's Press." "Hey," I said, "That's my painting!"

The editor had requested a digital image of "Dream Performance," but I hadn't heard if she was going to actually use it. So while it shouldn't have been a surprise, really, it somehow was.

See the painting on the sidebar to your right.

Fun:)

4 comments:

  1. That's great! And it was Courtney's last issue as editor! I'll have to track down a copy, unless you have some extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were just a few copies at the bakery, so I didn't feel I could take but one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to go to the bakery tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! I am so proud of my artist sister!

    ReplyDelete