Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Nest

It has been a little over two weeks since I left my position at the Art Center.I am beginning to feel more relaxed. But of course I have been busy.

First I worked on the studio. It isn't perfect, but much better. Now my own files are in the top drawer. Then I spent most of a day on the garage. And then my handyman and I spent another day organizing the garage. He also repaired a ceiling and painted it, made some repairs to and repainted a bathroom, and helped me haul boxes of old documents from the garage to the studio. Now I can shred and shred. I am buried under paper! And it is all over my just-reorganized studio. Sigh. I had thought I would spend all day today on that, but Papa and I opted to take his new Honda for a drive. But back to work tonight.

Meanwhile the studio kitty went to have her claws out. I am sad we had to do that, but she showed affection by patting my face - claws extended. She is doing so well that I am managing my guilt. I am already tired of the shredded paper in the litter box - but I have an excellent supply of paper.

I have managed to finish so many projects that needed to be done.....but there is always more.

And I have actually painted a little, too. What a relief to be back to work. I am not happy without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment