Saturday, April 2, 2011

SOLD!

Yes, it is true. I sold a painting yesterday! I love to sell paintings - not for the money, but for the validation. Everytime I sell a piece, I feel a little less silly for buying wax. paint, and boards. My show at the art center will be up one more week, so I will cross my fingers that I will sell a bit more.

Also on the art front, I have a piece in our local Oil, Pastel, and Acrylic Group show, Inside Out. Thankfully that group includes mixed media and encaustics. The show is fabulous, so I am honored to be there. The winning painting is a wonder in technique and concept.

On Monday I will teach two students who want to learn encaustics. I love to share, so I am looking forward to my time with them.

Meanwhile, I am so bogged down in art center related projects, I am having to delay starting a new painting.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on selling the painting! I am so glad you are having fun with your art and also having it "validated". :)

    ReplyDelete